Monday, October 22, 2012

West Chester Cross Classic



My next race report was supposed to be from Independence Cross on October 27th in Bridgeton, NJ...but something happened the day after Cooper River Cross...I couldn't wait to do it again...two days later, I woke up and thought to myself "I really want a mountain bike so I can get some more time in the woods to work on bike handling skills." By Thursday evening I was registered for the West Chester Cross Classic.


I arrived early to pre-ride the course. It was more challenging than the previous two (WhirlyBird and Cooper River) and I conceded to the fact that this may well be the race that I would go down on one of those off-camber sections...but I didn't...in fact, I started to feel more comfortable as the race went on and turned in my best finish so far...sixth place in the Cat 3/4 field.

At the beginning of cross season, I identified three local races that I wanted to do. It was an attempt to get a taste of the action without having to wake up at the crack of dawn and drive an hour or two, like I did during road season. By the end of November I will most likely have completed double that number of races. My experience over the past month has definitely changed the way I am going to approach winter training and the next road season.



MySpace Tracker

No comments: