Friday, August 22, 2014

CX is coming...

...or at least that’s what I’ve been told

This season won’t be like last season, that’s for sure.

Health problems, family stuff, finances, fit issues and work have kept me from getting on the bike more than once or twice a week.

Last year, there were only one or two days a week spent off the bike. Now, the tables have turned. I need to be efficient with the time I have, so most days are spent running, strength training and/or on the stair machine at the gym. I still have fitness, just not bike related fitness and that is something which becomes glaringly obvious when I am fighting to not get dropped on a group ride.

Last season, if you told me this is where I would be right now I’d tell you that was an unfathomable thought...but here I am, life happens and I’ve adapted.

I’ll certainly be approaching this season with a different mindset, but one thing that will not change is the tremendous amount of fun I am going to have.
MySpace Tracker

No comments: