Friday, August 1, 2014

cold turkey

During the winter months, my caffeine consumption was out of control. My coffee mug holds four cups of coffee. I was drinking two a day, from the french press. During my April appointment with the cardiologist, he asked about my caffeine consumption and mentioned that it could have been the cause of my SVT. 

Something had to change. 

I thought back to the last time I tried to quit my afternoon cup of coffee. The result was a terrible headache. Was I addicted to caffeine? Probably, but I always justified it by saying I could be addicted to something far worse. This time around, I eased myself into it, by starting with half-caf, then de-caf and ultimately no coffee in the afternoon. 

While caffeine addiction pales in comparison to other types of addiction, it is definitely a liberating feeling to no longer be dependent on that afternoon cup of coffee. MySpace Tracker

No comments: