Saturday, April 4, 2009

April 4: The 5K that wasn't

It is dark at 6AM.

I know this because that's what time I woke up this morning to get ready for the City Six 5K Run. On the way there, I called my friend who I was picking up to let her know that I was a few blocks away. "Just come in, our house is flooded again," she said.

This is what I saw...




A few months ago, their entire house was flooded by a neighbor whose ice maker was improperly installed. Obviously, they were not pleased by this turn of events. I volunteered to go down to registration, check in and let them know we most likely would not be participating.



Shortly after my return, a plumber showed up to determine the source of the leak.

This is what he did to the ceiling...



Ten minutes (and $250) later, he concluded that the dryer vent was clogged. I didn't get to run, but I did get a t-shirt. Besides, it's all about getting the t-shirt anyway, right? I mean, why else do you run a 5K?

MySpace Tracker

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is why your suppost to have your dryer vent checked. Once a year. Then you would not of had a glog. And would of made it to the run and you would not of had a whole in your roof.

James said...

Dryerventwizard.com can stop this from happening to some else.We take care of all your dryer vent needs so you do not have problems like these.

-D said...

My friend's house is new construction. She has been living there less than a year. As it turns out, the contractors placed things (eg:insulation) in the vents out of spite. Most of the units had their vents cleaned, but hers was inadvertently missed.