Saturday, April 11, 2009

April 12: It can happen to the best of us

I'll be the first to admit that recently, my taste in music has been questionable at best. Shortly after college I was introduced to the Dixie Chicks and instantly became a fan of country music. Thankfully, my friends have been able to overlook this. 

Two years ago, my brother gave me a Sirius satellite radio subscription for Christmas. I was completely jazzed because there's only one local country station, but several on satellite radio. I flipped through the channels: new country, prime country, the road house, blue grass and landed on a station called "spirit." I listened. I liked. Then I listened more. "Did they just say Jesus?" I thought to myself. Apparently, I had stumbled upon the Contemporary Christian station. Honestly, it sneaks up on you. Sometimes you don't even know you are listening to it. By then, you are already hooked, as I have become. It is now the second preset on my radio

MySpace Tracker

No comments: