Thursday, June 30, 2016

looks can be deceiving

I was looking at a picture of my brother and I that was taken in August of 2012. We spent ten days hiking and camping in Glacier National Park. 

Three months later he had an emergency appendectomy. The biopsy results indicated cancer. 

Two weeks ago his mother-in-law was visiting my family. She and her husband joined my parents for a day trip to Valley Forge. They walked the entire day. When they returned to their home in Texas she was diagnosed with breast cancer.

They looked healthy. They were active. There were no warming signs, no indication. It has me rethinking the concepts of health and wellness. 

When it comes to diet and exercise, I do the best I can to take care of myself..sometimes to my own detriment...but never to the point of deprivation. I will always save room dessert. Sometimes, I will even order it first. 

Just a reminder that’s it’s ok to indulge from time to time because tomorrow is not guaranteed.

MySpace Tracker

No comments: