Tuesday, June 14, 2016

no peace

Maybe it’s the fact that you live nearly 1700 miles away and I don’t have the financial resources to fly out for a visit as often as I’d like.

Or it could be the times when I can tell that mom is sad and the only thing I can do is give her a hug. I wish I could tell her that everything is going to be ok. 

There is the anxious moment when your name comes up on the caller ID and the room becomes quiet...and the silence that remains as I try to listen in on the conversation.

There is no peace in pain. There is no peace in worry or sadness.

The place where you are right now is much different than the one you were in four months ago, but the place where I am has not changed. No peace. No peace.

I want to watch the waning rays of light in silence. To leave the words behind with the setting of the sun. To wonder at the stars and the stillness of the night. That is where it feels effortless.


MySpace Tracker

No comments: