Sunday, September 9, 2018

It should go without saying…


I have been friends with this guy for about seven years. He’s a nice guy and I enjoy hanging out with him. We have a lot of similar interests, including women, yet for some reason he continues to make inappropriate comments.

There was a stretch of several months last year when we weren’t in touch, but we recently started hanging out again. It didn’t take long for his comments to resume. I am on the receiving end of text messages like...wanna make out...let’s go to the movies and hold hands...want to come over and cuddle. There is only so much of it that I can take BUT the fact of the matter is that I shouldn’t have to take it at all. He shouldn’t be doing it, period. It makes me feel uncomfortable.

In the past I would simply ask him to stop. This last time all I did was delete his contact information. I finally realized that it isn’t my responsibility. 

MySpace Tracker

No comments: