Sunday, April 21, 2013

the ten minute criterium


Waffles make me happy. Correction, waffles used to make me happy. Over the past few years, my diet has become more restrictive to accommodate some digestive issues.
Occasionally, I will stray. Sometimes it's not a big deal, other times I pay the price...today was one of those times.

Woke up with mild stomach discomfort, which became worse as I drove to the race...drank a bottle of a bottle of accelerade and felt better during my warm-up.

The first lap I went off the front to test my legs and felt pretty good. The field did not respond so I went back into the pack for another two laps. That's when it hit me. Unable to fight it off, I made a bee-line for the port-o-potty.

Lesson learned...four belgian waffles are not an acceptable dinner on the night before a race...but they were mighty tasty!
MySpace Tracker

No comments: