Sunday, January 15, 2012

the kinetic chain

Everything in our body is connected. A slight injury to the left foot could trigger a series of reactions (ankle, leg, knee, hip) that ultimately affect the right shoulder. When one muscle isn’t working properly the others will compensate. My body has been doing too much of this lately and I feel it.


After realizing that I haven’t posted in two weeks, I started to give some thought to the kinetic chain on a larger scale. Much like the kinetic chain, physical injury has sparked a series of reactions that have compromised my mental clarity and emotional happiness.


I’ve been focused on the physical component of my health to the detriment of these other areas of my life. I don’t know if this is something that could have been avoided. It’s made me realize how much of my happiness is derived from my physical well-being and thankful for the fact that it is restored.



No comments: