Sunday, July 16, 2017

one day early

I was almost half way to work by the time I realized that tomorrow is the 17th. Monday is a long day for me. This week, my parents are in Texas so the Hazelnator will be alone.

Fueled by last night’s pizza and Cheez-Its, I decided to scrap my original workout plan and ride my thirty seven miles this morning. 

Sunday morning is a good time to ride because the roads are quiet. The weather was perfect. I was making good time, despite wearing a backpack which contained 60 ounces of water and my work clothes.

At mile 33 I thought there wouldn’t be a chance I’d do this in under two hours. At mile 34 I decided to dig a little deeper and pulled it off. 

It felt good to suffer.

A few hours later I was walking the dog and found this. It was your way of reminding me that you are at peace. MySpace Tracker

No comments: