Sunday, July 9, 2017

Day 1: Pinkham Notch and the car spot

I left early on the morning of July 4th (which is the perfect day to travel). The roads were clear and I made it to Pinkham Notch in under seven hours. Check in time at Joe Dodge Lodge was 3pm, but the desk attendant let me store my bags in her office. This enabled me to spot my car and return in time for dinner.

The parking area on Promenade Street was a short walk from the end of my hike (AKA Point B). I parked my car, put the wheels on my bike and rode back to the lodge. The woman I spoke with a few days prior to my arrival informed me that it would be an easy ten mile ride down hill. For this reason I didn’t swap cassettes or replace the trainer tires. Apparently, she misunderstood the direction in which I was traveling. After a ten mile climb, I showered, did yoga and ate dinner.




My hike would begin (AKA Point A) on the Lost Pond Trail, located directly across the street from the lodge. My goal was to complete the traverse in twelve hours, but I gave myself some wiggle room to ensure I would make it back to Pinkham Notch in time for dinner. After the dessert I had on Wednesday night there was no way I’d be missing that meal!

MySpace Tracker

No comments: