Sunday, July 2, 2017

good for the soul...

it’s a phrase that i was introduced to a few months ago. at the time, i had come to the realization that i needed to purchase a pair of water proof trail shoes for a hiking trip. they weren’t in my budget, but someone told me to buy them and go on the trip because it was “good for the soul.”

i didn’t find a pair that fit and ended up postponing the trip. since then, i have been waiting for a “weather window” of two nice days that would enable me to complete at least one of two hikes in the white mountains. it looked like that was going to happen next weekend, but the forecast changed and now that is in question.

i have come to learn that what is good for my soul isn’t necessarily what is good for my wallet. missing a couple days of work isn’t the best financial decision, but wednesday will be absolutely delightful...so i will drive to new hampshire on tuesday and get an early start on wednesday.

The numbers:
20 miles
6 four thousand footers
7,200 feet elevation gain
12 hours or less is my goal

google "carter traverse" for more information
MySpace Tracker

No comments: