Thursday, October 13, 2011

the road twice traveled

Two and a half years ago, I lost someone who had a profound impact on my life. During the months preceding her passing, a great deal of my time involved things pertaining to her. When she was gone, there was emptiness, not only because of the loss, but because there was now an abundance of free time.

It was the first time in years that I had felt this freedom and, I thrived in this undefined, uncharted space. I began exploring the city, taking pictures (not good ones by any stretch of the imagination) and writing. Soon, my path crossed with some good people, who ultimately became close friends and provided me with a social network unlike any I’ve had before. Life was good.

And then I came to a crossroad...and a decision was made.

Lately, I feel as though the road I chose was merely a loop, one that sent me back to the same intersection and well, this time I am going to make a better decision.


No comments: