Saturday, December 24, 2011

'tis the season (the remix)

I had every intention of writing a succinctly stellar blog this holiday season. The ideas were abundant, however finding proper photographic representation to accompany those ideas was problematic.

Inflatables are somewhat illusive creatures. For the most part, they’re only out after dark, which makes them difficult to photograph.

During the day time you will find what I refer to as “inflatables gone wild” strewn across lawns, fences or even rooftops as if they’d been out partying all night long.




The first blog I wrote on this subject was in 2005. I followed it up with another in 2006. Since then, it seems as if inflatable decorations have taken over just about every lawn in South Jersey.


I find entertainment in the randomness. People don’t seem to mind that their inflatables have absolutely no relation at all to one another.

Here is Santa and the Grinch, along with Yo Gabba Gabba...Yo What? Yeah, I had to “google” it...it’s a TV show on Nick Jr.


This lawn presents us with the perfect combination of secular and non-secular...


I've decided that the old school, plastic light up lawn ornaments are superior to inflatables...the deciding factor being that you can totally keep plastic light up baby Jesus out of the nativity until Christmas day...this is just not possibly with the inflatable nativity.

No comments: