Saturday, December 31, 2011

call it what you will

Over the holidays, I had a conversation with a friend of mine about the concept of “New Year’s Resolutions.”


It seems as if people need some sort of marker in order for them to bring about changes in their own lives: I am pregnant so I am going to quit smoking; My child was born so I am going to start saving more money; I had a heart attack so I am going to start eating healthier; My New Year’s resolution is to...


What is it about January 1st that makes you want to lose weight? Is it any different than July 7th or March 25th?


I resolved a long time ago to NOT have New Year’s resolutions at all. I am continually striving to make improvements in my own life to become a more balanced individual. I don’t need an event or a day to prompt me to make changes.


No comments: