Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sh!t Happens

Sometimes, there’s no other way to put it. Sometimes, there’s no better way to explain it.

I’ve come to this conclusion over the past year while dealing with a fairly significant personal issue. It was the greatest loss I’ve encountered in my life thus far. I sat with it for months; trying to understand it. I was logical. I was irrational. I was emotional. I leaned on family and friends for support. They listened (repeatedly), they offered advice, but the best conclusion I was able to come to, put simply “shit happens.”

People are always looking for reasons why bad things happen to them. They search for explanations, “Everything happens for a reason.” Really? If someone said that to me, I’d be rendered speechless and walk away. That might offer someone temporary comfort. Personally, I’d prefer to hear that sometimes, bad things happen for absolutely no reason at all. Sometimes, shit happens.



“To become a spectator of one's own life is to escape the suffering of life.”

- Oscar Wilde

1 comment:

Ro said...

My version is "It IS what it IS!"
and I say that a lot.
Donna...know that you ARE loved!