Thursday, May 3, 2012

my favorite story

There was an undeniable connection between us from the start. We liked the same things. We had the same sense of humor. We could finish each other’s sentences. It didn’t take long for that to cause problems in her relationship. Eventually, the decision was made to end our friendship and we parted ways.

And I’d be lying if I said that it didn’t hurt. And I’d be lying if I said that she didn’t cross my mind from time to time because I missed her.

Three years later, she contacted me and we met for dinner, followed by coffee and a long talk in her car. It was like no time had passed at all and it was very obvious where all of this was headed.

There is no better feeling in the world than being in love with your best friend.

Three years have passed since that day and, while our story didn’t have a happy ending, it will always be my favorite story.

MySpace Tracker

No comments: