Saturday, December 29, 2012

reflections from the dirt

Life seems to have gotten in the way lately, impairing my ability to reflect.

I was finally able to have some quiet time on Christmas Day. The sun was supposed to come out, but it didn't  The wind was supposed to die down, but it didn't...and I didn't mind. It was an opportunity to be on the road, alone...an opportunity to process the months of September, October and November. Those three months were a blur of dirt and happiness.
I approached cyclcocross season with a completely different perspective than road season. I raced for fun. I didn't train. I had no goals. And it worked for me, perhaps because there was no pressure.

Seven races seemed like a good number for my first season. My last race was Crossasaurus Awesome, which netted me a fourth place finish in the Cat 3/4 field. I was content.

The laid back atmosphere paired with the intensity of racing was a perfect combination. No activity better suits my personality.

Several months ago I described cyclcocross as the sport that I never knew that I always wanted to try and now it’s the sport that I don’t ever want to be without. 
MySpace Tracker

No comments: