Sunday, March 17, 2013

list it: love it or list it revisited

I was sitting in a staff meeting a couple weeks ago when the topic of tracking research participants was brought to the table. One of my co-workers mentioned that she had successfully located a few participants via Facebook, but unless she paid a dollar to send the message, it would be sent to a different inbox (because they are not friends on the social networking site). 

This got me thinking about the secret mailbox. I went home, only to discover that I had several messages in this location, one of which was from a guy in Nevada who had read my blog post "love it or list it." He identified himself as a collector and asked what I had decided to do with the mug. He offered to purchased it if it was still available. The mug had been sitting on a shelf in my closet for nearly three months. I had no problem letting it sit on his shelf for the price he offered.

The message was over a month old, but I replied and he responded immediately. I sent a few close up shots of the mug to his personal email, payment was made via PayPal and the mug was on its way.MySpace Tracker

No comments: