Saturday, January 18, 2014

scars

Over the past month I've been in extreme heat (Bikram) and extreme cold (cycling in the polar vortex). During this time I've noticed the way my scars change color depending on the temperature. I don't know why they do this and it really doesn't matter. It's just made me more aware of their presence. And so I started thinking more about scars and the stories they tell...this one was from when I crashed during my first road race...this one was from when I thought there was no way I could crash twice in one week so I entered the Cherry Blossom and went down again...there's one I got from a stick that cut me when I was trying to cross a stream while geocaching and another from a CX race...these scars tell a story...my story. 

Today, I thought more about scars...the ones that no one else can see..the ones that live on the inside.




MySpace Tracker

No comments: