Thursday, January 30, 2014

it's always windy in south jersey...

or at least that's the way it seems. 

During my first year of training the wind really bothered me. I would carefully plan my most important workouts on the days that forecasted the least amount of wind. A windy day would be spent inside on the rollers or running. Eventually, it became less of a factor. Now I have gotten to the point where it no longer dictates my plans to ride.  

There are days when I will pedal 16 miles into a headwind only to have the winds change direction and I'll have to pedal 16 miles back into a headwind. 

Cycling is no different than anything else in life...conditions aren't always calm or favorable...sometimes they will change direction without warning...life doesn't come with a five day forecast. 

I'd like to think that the headwinds help me to build character...make me stronger...increase my mental toughness. I bury my head and keep moving forward. MySpace Tracker

No comments: