Sunday, January 12, 2014

the shoes you're wearing

I woke up this morning to an 
email from a friend who is going through some tough times. In it, she expressed her admiration for the qualities I posses and went on to say that I "got it (life) right." 

I don't know that I got it right...maybe I got it right for right now...maybe I got it right for me...in any case, these were my words for her...

Last week I went to get new running shoes. I had looked online at a bunch of ones that I was interested in...it turns out that the ones I preferred, the ones that felt best and the ones that looked the best on me (as far as correcting my pronation) were the ones that got the worst reviews online. 

What works for my feet, what feels good for me isn't necessarily what is going to feel good for you. Perhaps that is a lesson you will learn from your experiences with me. It is ok to have concrete goals for a career and a family; a home and planting roots. I have vague ideals like being a good person and living life simply. What is comfortable for me isn't necessarily going to be comfortable for you, just remember that...and you can admire something without aspiring to be like it.
MySpace Tracker

No comments: