Sunday, October 26, 2014

Crossasaurus Awesome...

AKA doing dumb stuff in my first 1/2/3 race 


I almost didn’t race today. Yesterday afternoon I was talking myself out of it because the alternatives were more appealing...I could go to the gym and have the rest of the day to get stuff done...I could ride alone at Batsto...I could ride with my teammates and eat cider donuts. Then, the right words came at the right time and they were...”Not my circus, Not my monkeys.” So I made a deal with myself...I would race, but after that I’d go for a run. I packed up the car and headed to Upper Salford Park.  


Two years ago, I did a handful of races and fell in love with CX. Last year I had success in the PACX 3/4 Series. Today, I returned to the place where I had begun, my goal: not come in last...and I didn’t...I’m actually not sure how I did because I left right after the race to go for a run...but I know I didn’t come in last...and I know I could have done better if I hadn’t “yardsaled” (thanks for the lingo, Robin) in the last lap...but it was so much fun catching that air and it’s nothing that a couple motrin and a bottle of Pumking can’t fix. 

I don’t think I’ll ever have that competitive edge, the one that makes you want to sprint it out for 14th in the elite field. That could be a problem down the line, but right now I’m enjoying myself.MySpace Tracker

No comments: