Saturday, October 18, 2014

HPCX Day 1

I got dumped this week. I was handling it fairly well until sitting alone with my thoughts on the drive to Jamesburg this morning. Breakups should be forbidden during CX season.

In order to race, one needs to possess both a physical and a mental presence. Today, I lacked the latter.

There was a run up, followed by a steep descent. I made a mental mistake, being more concerned about clipping in than the line I was taking, which left me off course and into a tree.

This came at the very end of the fourth lap. I went from third to sixth, with only one lap remaining. I could not shift and my saddle was crooked, but I finished. Aside from a nice handlebar check to the ribs I am ok. It could have been much worse. I drove right to the shop and am ready to roll tomorrow. Hopefully, all of me will show up this time.
MySpace Tracker

No comments: