Sunday, October 19, 2014

HPCX Day 2

I woke up with no regrets about ordering that pizza last night. When I went outside to load the car it was noticeable that it had changed from summer to fall. I hopped on the Turnpike North and opted for Lionel Richie over Taylor Swift for my soundtrack.

The course was noticeably different with the exception of the nasty paved climb. My legs felt like cement on the warm up so I tried to keep moving until the start of our race. The field was smaller than the previous day, but the competition was still present. I vowed to have a better start, which I didn’t and promptly went to work. Heading into the second lap I was in eighth. On the bell lap I found myself in fourth. That’s when I noticed a yellow jersey on the side of the course. It was the series leader with a flat. 

I successfully avoided all remaining trees and finished third...the podium I had hoped for, one day late.

A special thanks goes out to Noodles the dog for heading up the cheering section today. Next weekend I put on my big girl pants for the first time in the 1/2/3 race at Crossasaurus Awesome.
MySpace Tracker

No comments: