Monday, October 26, 2015

life unfiltered

Last weekend, I was on the road early, headed to HPCX. The sun rose as I made my way North on the Turnpike. I thought about the pictures that people take of sunrises and sunsets, frequently adding the hashtag “no filter.” 

And then I thought about filters...isn’t nature beautiful the way it is? Why would it need a filter?

And then I thought about life...it’s not alway pretty...and I think a lot of people have a tendency to live life filtered. They see what they choose to see. They select what to show us.

For better or for worse, that has never been the case with me. I say a lot of things I probably shouldn’t and I give zero fucks about it.

In some respects it’s good because you will always get exactly what you see when you interact with me. In some respects it’s not good because expressing myself in this way puts everything on the table, leaving me without shelter.

It follows me in conversations at work...at the gym...at races...in emails...in text messages...and I know that it is all with good intention, but it doesn’t make it any easier. Still, I wouldn’t have it any other way.
MySpace Tracker

No comments: