Thursday, August 25, 2016

outlier

It was never in question...I will be giving the eulogy at Matt’s memorial service. Finding the right words hasn't come as easy as I had hoped. There are so many memories and stories to piece together, none of which are resulting in a neatly packaged finish project.

Growing up, my brother and I had very little in common. As adults we discovered our similarities, one of which was a love for the outdoors. My recent trip to Glacier was bittersweet because my favorite memories with Matt were on those trails.

I wanted to speak about this at his service, but the pieces didn’t fit. 

Friday July 29th was our last exchange...

I thought of you when I hiked to Grinnell Glacier today. I remember that you initially weren’t  going to go up  but you changed your mind and were glad you did. The glacier is even smaller than when we were there. I am thankful that we had the chance to take that trip Montana. I realized that even though mom and dad never took us to do this type of stuff we both ended up enjoying it which is pretty cool.

Thanks. I’m really glad we got to do it too. Just wish we had more time to do it again. Looks like you’re having fun. We can talk about it the next time you’re around.



We never got to have that conversation. I wish we had more time.
MySpace Tracker

No comments: