Sunday, October 13, 2013

CRCX

Photo Credit: Will Rivas
Last month when I attempted racing on back to back days it was an epic fail. Heading into this weekend I tried to be realistic. I picked one race (WhirlyBird) to focus on and would give whatever was left in the tank my second day at CRCX. This race was also the NJ State Championship. While it would be nice to win a State Championship, the Cat 4 field is small and I find it more of a challenge to keep up with the stronger women in the the 3/4 MAC Races. 

I arrived several hours prior to the start of my race to watch some friends in other races. This gave me an opportunity to spectate at the trickiest section of the course. I watched what worked and what didn't, then I practiced it several times. 


The course was flat. The weather was windy. I had a decent startand remained in contact with the lead group of three for the first lap. On the second lap I moved into third place. On the third lap the bell rang...(shortest race ever)...I started to gain on the second place rider, but there was also a familiar face gaining ground on me. I knew if I rode cleanly through the last technical section I could get separation and a spot on the podium. I nailed it...second in the State and third
overall...complete with the most banging prizes! Thanks Peanut Butter & Co. 



CRCX Post Race Beer: Terrapin Pumpkinfest


One thumb down, one thumb half-way up...I was slightly disappointed because I've had some good Terrapin Beers in the past. They missed the mark on this pumpkin one...way too much spice! MySpace Tracker

No comments: