Thursday, October 24, 2013

nonessential personnel

I'm not too important and I'm ok with that. I don't say that to suggest that I lack self-esteem or think my life has no value. I've embraced the fact that, in the world of work, my position is not essential. 

No one depends on me the way that students depend on a teacher or patients depend on a doctor. If I want to sleep in one morning, no one will be without breakfast or a ride to school. On a sunny day, I can juggle a few things around so I can ride my bike and no one will care. If I wake up in a bad mood, I can clear my schedule and take a ride to the beach in the jeep.

Many people derive happiness from the pursuit of career goals. I'd rather attain success in other areas, which is something I am able to do in my position as nonessential personnel.
MySpace Tracker

No comments: