Monday, October 28, 2013

Crossasaurus Awesome

This was the fourth race of the PACX Series. Coming off back to back wins last weekend at Star Rock and West Chester, I was nervous, especially because the woman who won the second day of Nittany CX was in the field. The course was a bit different than last year. Gone were the straightaway hammer sections, replaced by technical stuff. I had my best start of the season and went into the steep dirt ride up in second place. After a few off camber twists and turns we headed onto a gravel straightaway and I passed the lead rider. My lead grew as the race progressed and I did my best to keep pushing because in CX, you never know what can happen. I crossed the line for my third win in a row.  

Many times, I'll arrive at a race and hear people say that the course is flat and suited for roadies or it's technical and the mountain bikers will do well...or (my favorite) it's really hilly, hope you brought your climbing legs. 

I'm not a sprinter, in fact I'm still uncomfortable sprinting in the drops. I'm not a mountain biker, my technical skills aren't great. I 'm not really a climber, because there are no hills in South Jersey. I'm not particularly good at any of these things but I'm decent enough to get by. I think that versatility has played a key role in my success this season. I still have a lot to learn. I worked hard from January to August in anticipation of this season. My intention is to enjoy it because I know that next year, I'll get my ass handed to me.


Crossasaurus Awesome 
Post Race Beer: Southern Tier Pumking with a side of Edy's Grand Pumpkin Ice Cream

I was feeling a little Belgian after this race, but a friend showed up with a special delivery and I couldn't say no to the best pumpkin beer ever. The ice cream was pretty decent too...a handful of Nestle Toll House Morsels make an excellent topping.MySpace Tracker

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice work! Very impressive.