Sunday, April 23, 2017

the third month

March was a month full of sadness and it passed quickly. Usually, those days drag on without end. It is nearly the end of April and I find myself looking back, wondering where the time went.

My mom lost her best friend to pancreatic cancer. On weekends, I drove her to the hospital in Philadelphia so she could visit with her before she passed. 

She also learned that her sister’s fiancĂ© has stage three bone cancer. Cancer is never an easy diagnosis to process, but this is the second time my aunt will have to do so. She lost her first husband to cancer several years ago.

These things are weighing heavy on my mom’s heart. I can feel it.

A few days of rain can make it seem like the sun is never going to shine again. It was late in the day when the clouds finally broke so I decided to take the long way home. Turning off of Route 70, I noticed a big ass bird (yes, that is the technical name) in the sky. It continued to fly West, the same direction I was traveling, until I lost it in the sunset.

Even though you're not here with me, you are still all around. You are in the sun, the moon and the stars at night. Thank you for letting me know that. It helped me to make it through the third month.
MySpace Tracker

No comments: