Saturday, April 1, 2017

The April Experiment

After reading about the benefits of cold showers I took the leap on January 1st. Three months have passed, unwavered...I still use nothing but cold water.

This month I decided to try intermittent fasting. My morning cardio is done in a fasted state so all I had to do was extend that a few more hours. How difficult could it be? Plenty difficult when your gym buddy shows up with a bakery bag containing a gorgeous Bismarck!

Yesterday was day one. Friday tends to be a busy day for me so the morning went by without a hitch. It was Noon before I knew it and the “feeding window” had opened. My initial game plan is to eat three meals (Noon, 4pm and 8pm) of equal caloric value. At 8pm the window closes.

There is a clear link between these two experiments. For most people reading this, your lives are filled with an abundance of choices...everything from what you watch, to where you go, what you eat and when you eat it...easily accessible...convenient.

This experiment is not rooted in deprivation, but rather discipline. Only time will tell if it ends or becomes a new way of doing things.

Stay tuned for an update...
MySpace Tracker

No comments: