Friday, March 13, 2009

March 13: Washington Square and a Cookie

I used to have a friend who lived on the corner of 7th and Sansom Streets in Center City. We spent a lot of time in Washington Square Park. Some days when I would come to visit she would surprise me with a big cookie from the deli around the corner from her apartment.

As time went on our friendship grew stronger and we became close friends. Even after she moved to another part of the city I still visited the park (and got a cookie, of course) frequently because I associated it with good memories.

Over the past six months I have slowly been losing my best friend. I wish I knew the reason why, but have conceded to the fact that it will be another chapter in my life that remains unfinished.

I went to the park today. I sat. I people watched. I ate a cookie. I even felt a little sad.





MySpace Tracker

No comments: