Friday, March 20, 2009

March 20: The Winning Ticket

There are a couple of companies in the city that offer horse drawn carriage tours through the historic district. I cannot imagine that it is a very pleasant experience for the horses to be trotting down crowded city streets on summer days, in ninety degree heat, ninety percent humidity. It is for this reason that I began to shoot dirty looks to the tourist who patronize these companies. Honestly, I don't understand why they can't just walk.

One of the stables is located on a street which I used to travel on my way to work in the morning. I had to change my route because I always got stuck at the light and had to see the horses being brought out and geared up for the day. It made me sad.

If I ever win the lottery I am going to buy every carriage company in the city and free all of the horses.




MySpace Tracker

No comments: