Thursday, September 15, 2011

bear in mind

A new take on an old post.

I have tattoos on the inside and outside of my right ankle in memory of each of my grandmothers.
My mother’s mother passed away when I was a sophomore in high school. She was really sick near the end of her life, but always found the strength to keep fighting. No matter how much she was hurting, she always tried to smile.

The cross reminds me that we all have our crosses in life to bear.


Earlier in the week, I received news from an old friend that her two-year-old nephew has an inoperable brain tumor. The boy has, at the most, six months to live. Less than two weeks ago there wasn’t any indication of this. It came on suddenly and now, her family is living a nightmare.


Sometimes I get a little too wrapped up in my own woes. Then, I hear something like this and it puts me in my place. There are a lot of people who have it much worse.


No comments: