Tuesday, September 6, 2011

covering rod

I like country music and frequently listen to it on a Sirius/XM channel called “The Highway.”


Last week I tuned in to a Sarah Evans song. It wasn’t one I was familiar with, yet I knew the words. What the hell is going on? Why do I know this song? After a few moments I realized she was covering another artist and that artist was none other than Rod Stewart! I was disgusted with myself. Ew, why am I singing this song? I hate Rod Stewart!


Let it be known that no artist should ever cover a Rod Stewart song and furthermore, Rod Stewart should not cover another artist. In fact, he should stop making music all together.


Artists who have covered Rod Stewart include...


The Cast of Glee: Do You Think I’m Sexy


Sheryl Crow: The First Cut is the Deepest


Sarah Evans: My Heart Can’t Tell Me No


Songs Rod Stewart has covered include...


Downtown Train (Tom Waits)


Have I Told You lately (Van Morrison)


Have You Ever Seen The Rain (Creedence Clearwater Revival)



1 comment:

Anthony said...

My description of Rod Stewart's voice has always been: "Static set to music."