Thursday, September 19, 2013

chameleons

Life is full of compromises. The key to remaining happy is knowing when to stand your ground. There are people who enter relationships firmly rooted in who they are, only to become a completely different person in a matter of months. I call these people "chameleons" because they change based on who they are around. In that situation, nobody wins.

My sense of self has become more concrete as I've gotten older. I have become more selective about my battles. I have learned to bend, but not to the point of breaking. It's caused tension in a few friendships. There are some that I've walked away from. For better or worse, you'll get 100% of me, 100% of the time and that's what I expect in return.

Who do you want to be today? 
MySpace Tracker

No comments: