Tuesday, September 3, 2013

I'm baaaaaaack...


I deactivated my Facebook account on August 14th. I wanted to spend the final days of summer free from the tether of social media. 


No more than an hour later, I received a text from a friend asking me where my Facebook page had gone. 

There was nothing wrong with me. I didn't need to talk to anyone. I wasn't made at you. I didn't delete you. I didn't block you. I simply deactivated my account for a few weeks. 

Since then, my mornings have been much more productive. I read the news while having coffee or type an email to one of my friends from out of state or I write or I go to the gym or I ride my bike...and I don't miss Facebook nearly as much as I thought I would. In fact, I kinda forgot all about it until someone asks me if I saw a post on a mutual friend's page...and then they quickly remember I'm not on Facebook.

For better or worse, I am back...mostly, because people these days seem to be incapable of communicating outside the realm of social media. 
MySpace Tracker

No comments: