Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Resiliency

Six months ago, I lost my best friend.


It hasn’t gotten any easier. The first few sunny days of spring made me sad to the point where I couldn’t even go outside to enjoy them because those were the days when we’d play until the sun went down.


There are mornings when I wake up thinking it was still just a bad dream.


There are nights when I wake up because the dreams haunt me.


I have discovered a new passion in cycling. And, for once, I can understand how it can be used as an escape. In fact, I’ve found it quite ironic that the only time I am able to forget everything is when I am on my bike.


Over the past six months, my path has crossed with so many good people. It is amazing how when one door closes, another one opens. I can’t help but feel fortunate, like someone is looking out for me.


Someone whom I’ve shared my story with called me resilient. I suppose that is a compliment, but I know no other way to be.


1 comment:

Anthony said...

I've been getting back into the solo ride thing lately. I used to do it almost all the time. Long rides are mind-clearing and give me the chance to abandon the things that clog my head during the day.