Monday, August 1, 2011

the "what if?" question of the week

There is a game that I like to play with some of my friends. We call it the “what if?” game and it’s usually fueled by our observations of interesting people...but it also could come from a random spark of creativity. For instance, what if you went to use the bathroom at my house and when you shut the door, there were all these hair extensions hanging from a hook on the back of the door?

This week, my favorite "what if?" question came at the Phillies game. I have seen some really bad tattoos this summer (between softball and the gym). The ball park is the perfect place to revel in the misfortunes of others poor (ink) decisions.

Question: What if you hadn’t seen me in a year and we made plans to get together for lunch and I rolled up with a big tattoo on my neck that says, “it is what it is”?

From Urban Dictionary...

It is what it is: Used often in the business world, this incredibly versatile phrase can be literally translated as "fuck it."


Well, taking that into consideration, I guess "it is what it is" isn't all that bad.







No comments: