Wednesday, June 22, 2011

DT on the AT: Pennsylvania

Last week I received a reservation confirmation letter for my trip to Baxter State Park. At the end of July, I will be hiking Mt. Katahdin, which is the highest peak in Maine and the northern terminus of the Appalachian Trail.


I’ve made it a goal to hike a section of the AT in as many states as possible, before my trip to Maine. On Saturday, I hiked a section near Hamburg, PA to Pulpit Rock and The Pinnacle.




The trail was steep and rocky in many sections, but the view from the top was worth it.



When I returned to the parking lot, I fired up my Garmin Colorado and went to look for a geocache. The 300 feet of bushwhacking I did to get there wasn’t easy, but I spotted it right away. There was an Appalachian Trail Geocoin in the cache, which I grabbed to move along on my next section hike in New Jersey.




DTontheAT

No comments: