Thursday, June 23, 2011

serendipity

Sometimes the perfect words come along at just the right time...

“The sun rose for all of us today but for me it meant more than most sunrises of my near 24 years. It meant that this year had passed and a new one had begun. It meant that the wires were undone and the scars were just scars and yes; that it’s time to move on. In this year I have seen dark places and I have seen some places flooded with light that I never knew existed. I have walked to the door of death and never felt more alive and I have learned something that is inherent whether we choose to live knowing it or not. That we are just pieces of this crazy universe, floating through space like every other piece of this crazy universe. You don’t have to push or pull or fight or win, the struggle is illusory. Sometimes or rather, all times, you just have to be...

...in all honesty, this life I’ve chosen has stranded me more times than I care to admit, but it’s that push and pull...that’s why we do this. That’s why my home is people not places and why I lean on the horizon like a dying man with one last thing to see. I am lucky. I did not choose this life it chose me. It’s strange like that. Not picking my path, but rather easing into the water and letting it carry me where it will. Yes, there will be nights where I feel like my destiny is at my fingertips and there will be nights I wish the lights were off and I could just make these sounds in the dark. Still, I will always be there, wherever there might be, staring into blackness hoping the blackness stares back at me.”


-Andrew McMahon




MySpace Tracker

No comments: