Sunday, September 28, 2014

Non-Race Report: Town Hall CX

At the first race of the year, I parked my car next to a couple from Boston. The guy asked me if I liked the disc brakes on my CAADX. I said they took some time to get used to. “Oh, are you a roadie or a mountain biker?” he asked. “Neither” I said, “I am a runner.”

I woke up before my alarm went off this morning. There was a pibble who needed walking before I drove to Bethlehem for Town Hall Cross. A beautiful morning was unfolding. I thought about the three plus hours I’d be spending in the car today, just to race my bike for forty minutes.


When I got home I put on my sneaks and went for a run. I kept running. I ran right past the time I was supposed to leave for the race. At the end of last season I promised myself I wouldn’t miss these magnificent Fall days because I was trapped in a car traveling to a race. Fresh air is good for the soul.
MySpace Tracker

No comments: