Saturday, September 6, 2014

Nittany CX: DAY 1

The forecast was for heat and humidity. My efforts to stay properly hydrated were rewarded with several trips to the bathroom throughout the night. The alarm went off at 5AM. I donned my headlamp and took the dog for an hour long walk.

One of my friends said that racing this weekend would be good for me because it would allow my mind to focus on something else...obviously, she doesn’t race CX.

Aside from attending one skills clinic, I’ve done absolutely nothing to prepare myself for this season. Lack of preparation seems to lend itself well to lack of expectations and so I rolled up to the line fairly relaxed. And when the whistle blew, my heart raced, my legs ached and I was thankful that the race was only four laps.

I stayed with the lead group for a good portion of the race, then started to wear down on the third lap...but I held my position and kept them in sight, crossing the line fourth. It was my best result in the MAC Race (by a lot!).

Unfortunately, I couldn’t stay to socialize after the race...but it was nice to see so many friendly faces. I appreciate the kindness of each and every one of you who reached out to me today.
MySpace Tracker

No comments: