Thursday, July 14, 2011

F.A.Q.



Q: Are those like coordinates or something?


A: Yes, they are the coordinates for the start of the Highline Trail in Glacier National Park. The trail begins at Logan Pass (elevation 6646 ft), which is the highest point on the Going to the Sun Road and then runs north, following the Continental Divide.




I lived in Montana several years ago and was fortunate to have Glacier as my weekend playground. Since then, Montana has always felt like home to me. Last summer, I had the opportunity to spend a week there with someone for whom I cared deeply. I got the tattoo at the end of October. It was something that I had wanted to do for a long time, but after the trip to Glacier, the meaning behind it changed significantly. I spent the better part of the last ten years wishing that I were somewhere else. Then, someone came along and I realized that it didn’t matter where I was, as long as I was with the person I loved. Now, my home is not a place, it is people.

MySpace Tracker

No comments: