Friday, July 8, 2011

the sights of south jersey

Monday. I knew it was going to be a good week when the man checking out in front of me spent $12 on two stuffed pretzels, a cookie and a pack of Marlboro menthols for lunch at Wawa.

On Tuesday I pulled up to a red light and looked to my left to find a man powdering his nose in the car next to me.

Aside from the complete Taylor Swift concert in my dreams, that was probably the best thing I saw all week. The next two days were spent working at the ropes course, but they did not disappoint.

On Wednesday, I saw a wolf spider emerge from a pile of climbing harnesses, consequently scaring the shit out of my coworker.

This is what a wolf spider looks like...

Thursday was fairly uneventful, so the great crested fly catcher made it to the top of my list. Cut me a break. I am learning about birds.

Friday was for the birds as well. I spent the morning paddling on the Rancocas Creek and saw a great blue heron.


For obvious reasons (see past post for reference) the best thing I saw on Saturday was the dumpster in the CVS parking lot.

Thankfully, Sunday rallied in the form of a woman wearing a full body brace, smoking a cigarette outside of a local grocery store.


Yeah. It was a pretty good week.

No comments: