Wednesday, July 6, 2011

winning?

I've thought a lot lately about the concepts of winning and losing. I’ve found them to be quite subjective and for me, they aren’t black and white.


For the past three summers, I’ve played on a recreational softball team. Our first season, we lost every game. Last year, we won a few games. Currently, we are 7-6. The players on the team have remained consistent and our attitude has been the same...to have fun. Sure, it is nice to beat the other team, but no matter what the score, we always have a good time so at the end of the day, even losing can feel like winning.


Recently, I’ve discovered that sometimes, winning can feel like losing.


We’ve all heard the saying “It doesn’t matter whether you win or lose, it’s how you play the game.” While I doubt those are words that frequently come from the mouths of those who’ve won, it is something for all who play the game to consider.




MySpace Tracker

No comments: