Friday, April 27, 2012

from the archives: balance

A long time ago there was a social networking service called "Myspace" which allowed the user to create blog entries. Most of my old posts have been transferred over to blogger. Here is one from March 2006.

I woke up a few weekends ago after a night of intense partying and realized that something needed to change. This word had been stuck in my head for a few months now and I was desperately trying to do something with it.

Moments like these serve as a reminder of the importance of having balance in your life, of investing your time and energy into things that make you happy, things that are healthy not only physically, but emotionally as well. People tend to forget about this somewhere in between working 60 hour weeks, abusing their bodies, staying in unhealthy situations because they think people will change, because they feel trapped, because they feel like this is as good as it gets.

There is a recurring theme in my life, that I tend to over extend myself to people who don't appreciate it and it lends itself to friendships that become one sided. I am not sure what quality it is within me that seeks these types of bonds or if it is with any intent at all. Maybe I feel as though I can conquer these people. Maybe I think that if I show them just enough love or attention or whatever that they will reciprocate.

So yeah, I guess what I'm saying is that I am going to try to make some better decisions in the future regarding the people and activities I invest myself into.

MySpace Tracker

No comments: