Sunday, June 3, 2012

NJ ITT

The NJ ITT was the 5th race in the NJBA Women’s Cat 4 Cup series.

My primary objective was to finish the 40K time trial as quickly as possible. I suppose that didn’t vary from everyone else’s objective, but mine was for a different reason.

About 40 miles away in Philadelphia, someone who was very special to me was participating in the most important race of her life, The Liberty Classic.

I hopped off the bike and into my car, not even taking the time to get changed. On the drive to Philly I thought about the two years that we stood together on Lemon Hill, watching the race. Now it was her turn.

I arrived, cowbell in hand, just in time to see the third climb up Lemon Hill and rang that bell so hard that there’s a cut in my finger.

The time trial seems like ages ago, but I’m pretty sure that when I wake up tomorrow morning I’ll be feeling it and quickly remember the suffering I endured for an hour and nine minutes.


MySpace Tracker

No comments: